Monday, March 25, 2013

Trip to Munich

Last weekend we visited the bavarian capital Munich.
I would love to share some pictures from our stay with you, but - typical me - shortly after we arrived I let the camera drop and it broke...   : (
Afterwards the lense was eternaly opening and closing and opening and closing and...well, until I removed the battery...

But I can tell you: Munich is really beautiful, offers a lot of cultural sights and possibilities and a great variety of shops - you have to visit the Ludwig Beck department store and the Oberpollinger (Berlin KaDeWe-like).
That's were we come to the other side: Munich is very expansive. It was kind of depressing to see all the beautiful things I can't afford...hmpf...
Furthermore the city is so crowded, full of tourists, what makes it hard to walk your way straight to your aim.

We stayed in a nice little hotel. The Louis Hotel is situated at the Viktualienmarket and close to the Marienplace, thus very central!
Our room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable and the breakfast was so, so good!
The sauna area was smaller than expected - and when I say small, I mean really tiny. That was a bit disappointing, but no big deal.
And honestly, we did not drove to Munich only to sit in the hotel room or in the sauna.

Conclusion: Munich is absolutely worth a visit, but take a lot of money with you!!!   = )




Marienplace/source: muenchen.citysam.de
 
Ludwig Beck department store/source: fabeau.de

Church Tower "Old Peter"/source: muenchen.de

Lion at the Residenz Theater/source: vebidoo.de


No comments:

Post a Comment